TORONTO ARROWS “HONDA SEASON TICKET” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESARRY. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES OF THE SWEEPSTAKES (“OFFICIAL RULES” OR “RULES”). THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR AND THE INDEPENDENT CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR APPOINTED BY THE SPONSOR (THE “SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR”) WITH RESPECT TO ALL ASPECTS OF THE CONTEST ARE FINAL.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Toronto Arrows “HONDA SEASON TICKET” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on October 16, 2019 at 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2019 at 11:59:59 a.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). See Rules #3 below for further entry details.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes for the chance to win the Prize (as defined below), an individual must (i) be a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec); and (ii) have reached the legal age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence. Notwithstanding the foregoing, employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of the Sponsor, its parent company(ies), subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any other individual or entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are not eligible to enter the Contest or win the Prize.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
- Online-with purchase: To submit a valid entry (the “Entry”), visit the Toronto Arrows website and purchase a season ticket https://torontoarrows.com/ during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Without purchase: On a plain piece of paper, hand-print your full name, email address, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), hand-print the words “Please include me in the Honda Season Ticket Contest” on the piece of paper and mail your request (one (1) entry request per outer envelope), fully postage paid, to: The Toronto Arrows Honda Season Ticket Contest (Entry Request), Edelman, 150 Bloor Street West, Toronto ON, M5S 2X9.
There is a total limit of five (5) entries per eligible entrant, per email address and per household, regardless of the method of obtaining an entry. Entries received from any person that exceed the stated limit will be void. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the name of the email account holder associated with the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Entries that are late, lost, undelivered, illegible, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, that have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the entry process or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in these Official Rules will be void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated program to enter will result in disqualification.
4. ENTRY PERIOD/DRAWINGS/ODDS: One (1) drawing will be held on, Monday, January 6 2020 (01/06/20) at approximately 12:00:01 p.m. To be eligible for a drawing an eligible entry must be received during the Sweepstakes Period in accordance with the corresponding dates and times mentioned above. One (1) prize winner will be selected in this random drawing by the Administrator from all eligible entries. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor reserves the right to authenticate all entries submitted. Non-winning entries will not be included in subsequent drawings.
5. PRIZES: There will be a total of one (1) prize available to be won by random draw during the Sweepstakes Period. The approximate retail value of the prize is $1,099 CAD. The prize is described below:
1 x 50.8cm (20 in), Auger Assist, ES HS720CS single-stage snowblower approximately valued at $1,099 CAD.
Winners must comply with these Official Rules. No other substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value if prize cannot be awarded as stated. All prize details are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for change of mailing address.
Ticket prizes, if any, may not be used for prior purchases or redeemed for cash. Ticket prizes are subject to additional terms and conditions of Sponsor. Such additional terms and conditions may include a prohibition on the sale or transfer of the coupon, restricted usage and expiration dates, among other things.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATIONS/VERIFICATIONS/CLAIM CONDITIONS: You are not a winner until your eligibility has been verified, and it is determined that you have complied with all terms of these Official Rules. Potential winners will be notified by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent by email and will be required to respond to that message by submitting full name, complete mailing address, phone number and date of birth within 72 hours of such notification. If potential winner fails to respond within that time frame, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prior to being declared to be a winner of the Sweepstakes, any potential winner must answer correctly, without aid, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a time and in a manner to be determined by Sponsor and/or Administrator. Failure by a potential winner to correctly answer this question in accordance with Sponsor/Administrator protocols shall result in the potential winner being disqualified from the Sweepstakes and the random drawing of an alternative potential winner from all remaining eligible entries, such process to continue until a winner is determined. After the initial response described above and verification of the potential winner’s eligibility and compliance otherwise with these Official Rules, the prize will be shipped within 6-8 weeks to the address provided. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email account or mailing address of entrants. Any unclaimed or undeliverable prize may not be awarded. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner selected.
7. GENERAL: By participating, entrants (a) agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters; (b) consent to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, images, likenesses, cities and states of residence, and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law; and (c) to release, discharge and hold harmless, Sponsor, Administrator, Edelman Canada, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other individuals engaged in any way in the development, production, printing, distribution or execution of this Sweepstakes, and the respective directors, officers, agents and employees of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claims, losses and damages of any kind, including death, to persons or property, arising out of, or relating to, their participation in this Sweepstakes, and the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of a prize, including as set out in the Limitation of Liability section. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if Sponsor suspects or finds entrant to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, the Administrator, Sponsor or Sponsor’s representatives. If Sponsor or Administrator suspects that an entrant has engaged in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, the entrant will be contacted as soon as practicable. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Released Parties do not assume any responsibility and the entrant releases the Released Parties from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection and confirmation of winners, and the arranging, awarding and use of a prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; (ii) late, lost, stolen, INACCURATE, false, damaged, misdirected, UNREADABLE or incomplete entries, transmissions or transactions, those that are altered or otherwise irregular, have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Rules; (iii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by, or in any way related to an awarded prize or the Sweepstakes itself; (iv) failure of the Sponsor’s email database or any operations or transmission of information during the Sweepstakes Period, including, without limitation, any problems, human or technical, errors, lost, delayed, UNREADABLE or corrupted data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or transmission lines, technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including, without limitation, any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material connected to the Sweepstakes, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (v) any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, without limitation, printing or advertising errors or the failure of or problems with any equipment or programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes howsoever caused; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; (vii) any claims regarding the accepting, arranging, awarding or use of a prize; or (viii) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), or to amend the Official Rules, at any time, in any way, and without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, including should any virus, worm, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination, Sponsor may conduct the random drawings from among all eligible, non-suspect Sweepstakes entries received up to time of such action for this Sweepstakes. In the event of any such termination or suspension, a notice may be posted at https://torontoarrows.com/. Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (2) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, INDIRECT, incidental, SPECIAL and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. BINDING ARBITRATION: Depending on your jurisdiction of residence, this clause may not apply to you. Subject to applicable law,any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Ontario law and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, and the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, subject only to applicable law, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules thereof..
10. WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of winners (available after January 6, 2020), send a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelope by January 30, 2020 to: Edelman Canada, 150 Bloor St W., #300, Toronto, ON M5S 2X9
11. SPONSOR: Toronto Arrows, 1133 Yonge St #600, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y7
12. ADMINISTRATOR: Edelman Canada, 150 Bloor St W., #300, Toronto, ON M5S 2X9
13. RULES GOVERN. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes related materials, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Entry Form, Website, Fanpage, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.