Toronto Arrows Announce Lineup to Face Atlanta in Season Opener
For Immediate Release
ATLANTA, GA – Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris Silverthorn has named his starting lineup for tomorrow’s season opener against Rugby ATL.
The Arrows will run out a heavily Canadian side for their league kickoff match at Atlanta’s Lupo Family Field, with Silverthorn selecting 10 full Canadian internationals to his matchday squad.
Fifteen full internationals have been named to Toronto’s matchday squad, carrying a combined cap total of 340 matches.
- Two new signings will make their MLR debuts as starters: Cortes, Wadden
- One new signing stands to make his MLR debut off the bench: Higgins
- Ten squad members are full Canadian internationals: Ciulini (8 caps), du Toit (14 caps), Ferguson (10 caps), Keith (16 caps), Kelly (1 cap), LeSage (16 caps), Parfrey (32 caps), Quattrin (5 caps), Rumball (35 caps), Sheppard (11 caps)
- Three squad members are full Uruguayan internationals: Diana (27 caps), Leivas (76 caps), Mieres (72 caps)
- Two squad members are full Argentinian internationals: Cortes (5 caps), de la Vega (12 caps)
The Arrows defeated Rugby ATL in the two sides’ lone meeting in 2020, with Toronto claiming a 28-18 victory in Atlanta to mark the Canadian franchise’s final win before the season was cut short due to the pandemic. Toronto ended the shortened season with a 4-1-0 record, while Atlanta finished its inaugural campaign at 2-3-0.
Saturday’s match will kick off at 7 p.m. ET. The season opener will air on TSN for Canadian audiences, while international viewers can catch the tilt on The Rugby Network. Full broadcast details can be found here.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. Rugby ATL
- Cole Keith
- Jack McRogers
- Gaston Cortes
- Adrian Wadden
- Paul Ciulini
- Tomy de la Vega
- Lucas Rumball (C)
- Manuel Diana
- Andrew Ferguson
- Tayler Adams
- Mitch Richardson
- Guiseppe du Toit
- Ben LeSage (C)
- Leandro Leivas
- Pat Parfrey
- Andrew Quattrin
- Pat Lynott
- Tyler Rowland
- Mike Sheppard
- Marcello Wainwright
- Jason Higgins
- Gaston Mieres
- Will Kelly
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club:
The Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club is Canada’s first professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American professional club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
Header Photo Credit: Bernard Ayala
For Immediate Release METAIRIE, LA - Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris
Canadian Audiences | TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN App Streaming: TSN.ca, TSN App [broadcast
Who's ready for a double-header?! We're headed to The Big Easy; our
With files from The Rugby Network Through the first two weeks of