Toronto Arrows Announce Lineup for Utah Clash
For Immediate Release
HERRIMAN, UT – Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris Silverthorn has named his starting lineup for tomorrow’s clash with the Utah Warriors.
The Arrows will run out a heavily Canadian lineup for their league kickoff match at Utah’s Zions Bank Stadium, with Silverthorn selecting eight full Canadian internationals to his matchday squad.
Fourteen full internationals have been named to Toronto’s matchday squad, carrying a combined cap total of 409 matches.
- One new signing will make his MLR debut: Tuculet
- Two new signings stand to make their MLR debuts off the bench: Atkinson, Montero
- Two new signings will make their first MLR start: Higgins, Tuculet
- Eight squad members are full Canadian internationals: du Toit (14 caps), Ferguson (10 caps), Keith (16 caps), LeSage (16 caps), Parfrey (32 caps), Quattrin (5 caps), Rumball (35 caps), Sheppard (11 caps)
- Three squad members are full Argentinian internationals: de la Vega (12 caps), Montero (27 caps), Tuculet (56 caps)
- Three squad members are full Uruguayan internationals: Diana (27 caps), Leivas (76 caps), Mieres (72 caps)
The Arrows defeated Utah in both the home and away fixtures in 2019, earning 64-31 (away) and 28-21 (home) victories in Toronto’s inaugural season. The Arrows’ visit to Zions Bank Stadium two years ago set multiple MLR records: most points scored by one team in a match (64) and most tries scored by one team in a match (9). The two sides did not meet in 2020.
The Warriors (1-0) opened their 2021 campaign with a 30-28 road win over Austin, while Toronto (0-1) narrowly fell to Rugby ATL 21-14.
Saturday’s match will kick off at 9 p.m. ET. The cross-conference tilt will stream on TSN.ca and the TSN App for Canadian audiences, air on FS2 for American audiences, and be shown on The Rugby Network for international audiences. Full broadcast details can be found here.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. Utah Warriors
- Pat Lynott
- Andrew Quattrin
- Cole Keith
- Adrian Wadden
- Mike Sheppard
- Tomas de la Vega
- Lucas Rumball (C)
- Manuel Diana
- Jason Higgins
- Tayler Adams
- Gaston Mieres
- Guiseppe du Toit
- Ben LeSage (C)
- Leandro Leivas
- Joaquin Tuculet
- Jack McRogers
- Chris Atkinson
- Tyler Rowland
- Kolby Francis
- Marcello Wainwright
- Andrew Ferguson
- Manuel Montero
- Pat Parfrey
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club:
The Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club is Canada’s first professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American professional club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
For Immediate Release METAIRIE, LA - Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris
Canadian Audiences | TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN App Streaming: TSN.ca, TSN App [broadcast
Who's ready for a double-header?! We're headed to The Big Easy; our
With files from The Rugby Network Through the first two weeks of