Toronto Arrows Announce Lineup for Regular Season Finale Tilt with RUNY
31 May 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TORONTO, ON – Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris Silverthorn has named his starting lineup for Sunday’s home match against Rugby United New York.
“We’re hungry going into this win-and-you’re-in fixture, but very little separates our two sides,” said Silverthorn. “You can see it in the standings, and you could see it when we played against New York earlier this season. We’re expecting a tight, hard-fought match, and with everything to play for, we’ll be leaving it all on the field this Sunday.”
The Arrows (10-5-0) occupy the third position in the Major League Rugby standings, and enter the match on a six-game winning streak following a 40-12 win over the Glendale Raptors on May 26.
Toronto’s opponent sits one spot higher in the league table; while the two sides go into the match deadlocked at 53 points, New York (11-4-0) holds a tiebreaker advantage due to possessing a greater number of wins.
The winner of Sunday’s match at Lamport Stadium will guarantee themselves a playoff berth, and depending upon results from elsewhere in the league, they may also land a home fixture in the opening round of the MLR Championship Series.
Fourteen full internationals have been named to Toronto’s matchday squad, carrying a combined cap total of 296 matches.
“To have four teams all tied in points at this stage of the season is a scenario no one could have seen coming,” added Silverthorn. “Despite the chaos in the standings, we’ve put ourselves in a situation where if we win, we’re in, and at that’s our goal on Sunday. We don’t want to be scoreboard watching throughout the day – we’ll be looking to take care of business at home, with our passionate crowd behind us.”
- Malcolm is ranked second in the league in points scored (138) and third in goal kicking accuracy (83.3%)
- Milazzo is ranked second the league in lineout takes (58) and lineout steals (5)
- Mieres is ranked fourth in the league in line breaks (12)
- Brouwer is ranked seventh in the league in dominant tackles (17)
- Sheppard is ranked eighth in the league in carries (134) and ninth in made tackles (186)
- Moor is ranked ninth in the league in line breaks (10), ninth in the league in tries scored (6), and 12th in the league in running metres (976)
- Toronto is ranked third in the league in total tries scored (60) and in total points scored (450)
- Twelve squad members are full Canadian internationals: Brouwer (9 caps), Campbell (9 caps), Ciulini (8 caps), du Toit (13 caps), Ferguson (10 caps), Keith (12 caps), Lloyd (10 caps), Mackenzie (17 caps), Moonlight (23 caps), Moor (14 caps), Parfrey (27 caps), Sheppard (5 caps)
- Two squad members are full Uruguayan internationals: Leivas (73 caps), Mieres (66 caps)
Sunday’s match kicks off at 1 p.m. EDT from Lamport Stadium in Toronto.
Tickets are available for purchase online and at the gate; the club is running multiple ticket promos for the crucial match. The game can also be watched live on GameTV and streamed live through the Arrows’ Facebook page.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. Rugby United New York
1. Rob Brouwer // Lindsay
2. Andrew Quattrin // Aurora Barbarians
3. Morgan Mitchell // Southland Stags (New Zealand)
4. Mike Sheppard // Stoney Creek Camels
5. Paul Ciulini // Aurora Barbarians
6. Peter Milazzo // Toronto Scottish
7. John Moonlight // Ajax Wanderers
8. Luke Campbell // James Bay
9. Jamie Mackenzie // Balmy Beach
10. Sam Malcolm // Manawatu Turbos (New Zealand)
11. Leandro Leivas // Old Christians (Uruguay)
12. Guiseppe du Toit // UVic Vikes
13. Spencer Jones // Hamilton Old Boys (New Zealand)
14. Dan Moor (C) // Balmy Beach
15. Gaston Mieres // Lobos (Uruguay)
16. Steven Ng // Barrhaven Scottish
17. Pat Lynott // Bytown Blues
18. Cole Keith // Belleisle Rovers
19. Tom Van Horne // Brantford Harlequins
20. Marcello Wainwright // Toronto Scottish
21. Andrew Ferguson // Oakville Crusaders
22. Pat Parfrey // Swilers
23. Kainoa Lloyd // Mississauga Blues
Vice President & General Manager: Mark Winokur
Director of Rugby: Chris Silverthorn
Coaches: Aaron Carpenter, Cory Hector, Peter Smith
Performance Analyst: Rodin Lozada
Team Physicians: Dr. Anthony Dixon, Dr. Chris Gallimore, Dr. John Gillis
Athletic Therapists: Perry Fan, Scott Shannon
Physiotherapist: Rohit Rajput
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Club:
The Toronto Arrows Rugby Club is Canada’s first professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
Want to receive further information regarding Toronto Arrows tickets, merchandise, and latest news? To subscribe to the Arrows club newsletter, sign up below.
Header Photo: José Romelo Lagman
Week 16 Milestone Tracker: McRogers Moves Up Club Try-Scoring Leaderboard
The following club milestones were achieved by our players during the team’s
Broadcast Details: Toronto Arrows vs. San Diego Legion (June 11, 2023)
Details for how to watch our upcoming home match against the San
Ruttan Scores Twice as Arrows Stymied by Houston
The Arrows found their groove in the second half of Saturday evening's
Matchday Info | Houston SaberCats – June 3, 2023
We're excited to host the Houston SaberCats tomorrow at 7 p.m. Here's
Arrows Announce Lineup for Final Homestand Opener Against SaberCats
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON – Toronto Arrows Head Coach Peter Smith