Toronto Arrows Announce Lineup for Glendale Clash
24 May 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TORONTO, ON – Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris Silverthorn has named his starting lineup for Sunday’s home match against the Glendale Raptors.
“It’s been a tough stretch to get here, but we’ve put ourselves in a position to control our own fate to close out the regular season,” said Silverthorn. “We knew that we would need to string together several wins at home if we wanted a shot at the playoffs, and we’ve given ourselves an opportunity to make it happen. We’ll need two more big performances in order to get the job done, and the work starts this Sunday against Glendale.”
The Arrows (9-5-0) enter the match on a five-game winning streak, and are coming off a bye week; prior to the break, the club earned a 28-21 win over the Utah Warriors on May 12. Toronto sits fifth in the league standings with 48 points – one point out of a playoff position.
Thirteen full internationals have been named to Toronto’s matchday squad, carrying a combined cap total of 279 matches.
Glendale (7-5-2) holds the sixth spot in the league table with 43 points, and remain in playoff contention.
“The Raptors are coming into the match with their season on the line, and we’ll need to exceed their intensity if we’re going to take maximum points,” added Silverthorn. “The support of the home crowd will definitely give us a boost this Sunday. Our fans have been incredible all season long, and we know they’ll be in full voice as we look to lock up a playoff spot in these final two games.”
- Malcolm is ranked fourth in the league in points scored (128) and goal kicking accuracy (83.3%)
- Moor is ranked sixth in the league in linebreaks (10), ninth in the league in tries scored (6), and 12th in the league in running metres (939)
- Sheppard is ranked seventh in the league in carries (127) and 10th in made tackles (172) Brouwer is ranked seventh in the league in dominant tackles (17)
- Milazzo is ranked second the league in lineout takes (53) and lineout steals (5)
- Toronto is ranked fourth in the league in total tries scored (54) and fifth in total points scored (410)
- Eleven squad members are full Canadian internationals: Brouwer (9 caps), Campbell (9 caps), Ciulini (8 caps), du Toit (13 caps), Ferguson (10 caps), Keith (12 caps), Lloyd (10 caps), Moonlight (23 caps), Moor (14 caps), Parfrey (27 caps), Sheppard (5 caps)
- Two squad members are full Uruguayan internationals: Leivas (73 caps), Mieres (66 caps)
Sunday’s match kicks off at 2 p.m. EDT from Lamport Stadium in Toronto.
As part of the club’s partnership with the Ontario-based charity Rugby vs Cancer, the Arrows will wear special-edition #RuckCancer home jerseys for the fixture. Game-worn jerseys will be autographed by Arrows players and auctioned off following the match, with all raised funds going towards the Canadian Cancer Society.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. Glendale Raptors
1. Rob Brouwer // Lindsay
2. Andrew Quattrin // Aurora Barbarians
3. Morgan Mitchell // Southland Stags (New Zealand)
4. Mike Sheppard // Stoney Creek Camels
5. Paul Ciulini // Aurora Barbarians
6. John Moonlight // Ajax Wanderers
7. Peter Milazzo // Toronto Scottish
8. Luke Campbell // James Bay
9. Andrew Ferguson // Oakville Crusaders
10. Sam Malcolm // Manawatu Turbos (New Zealand)
11. Leandro Leivas // Old Christians (Uruguay)
12. Guiseppe du Toit // UVic Vikes
13. Spencer Jones // Hamilton Old Boys (New Zealand)
14. Dan Moor (C) // Balmy Beach
15. Gaston Mieres // Lobos (Uruguay)
16. Steven Ng // Barrhaven Scottish
17. Pat Lynott // Bytown Blues
18. Cole Keith // Belleisle Rovers
19. Tom Van Horne // Brantford Harlequins
20. Marcello Wainwright // Toronto Scottish
21. Riley Di Nardo // Toronto Scottish
22. Pat Parfrey // Swilers
23. Kainoa Lloyd // Mississauga Blues
Vice President & General Manager: Mark Winokur
Director of Rugby: Chris Silverthorn
Coaches: Aaron Carpenter, Cory Hector, Peter Smith
Performance Analyst: Rodin Lozada
Team Physicians: Dr. Anthony Dixon, Dr. Chris Gallimore, Dr. John Gillis
Athletic Therapists: Perry Fan, Scott Shannon
Physiotherapist: Rohit Rajput
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Club:
The Toronto Arrows Rugby Club is Canada’s first professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
Want to receive further information regarding Toronto Arrows tickets, merchandise, and latest news? To subscribe to the Arrows club newsletter, sign up below.
Header Photo: José Romelo Lagman
We're welcoming back an old favourite as we introduce our latest Matchday
NEVER MISS A GAME BY SYNCING OUR LEAGUE FIXTURES TO YOUR DEVICE
As we wind down the year, there's nothing we'd love more than
For Immediate Release TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are pleased to