Toronto Arrows Announce Lineup for First Meeting with Atlanta
28 February 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TORONTO, ON – Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris Silverthorn has named his starting lineup for Sunday’s match against expansion side Rugby ATL.
Silverthorn has made two changes to his starting squad that featured in the club’s road victory over Seattle last Saturday, with flanker Peter Milazzo and hooker Steven Ng both earning their first starts of the season.
2019 All-MLR First XV prop Rob Brouwer is in contention to make his season debut off the bench, while outside back Gaston Mieres has returned to the lineup after his activation from the injured reserve.
“We’re feeling positive after last week’s performance, but our attention is fully looking forward,” said Silverthorn. “The Eastern Conference has been strong from top to bottom so far this year, with only six points separating the first and sixth-placed teams. There can’t be any complacency based on the level of competition in our conference, as one or two lapses could cost a post-season position.”
The Arrows (3-0-0) enter the match coming off a 39-17 victory over the reigning league champions Seawolves last Saturday. Riding a three-match winning streak, Toronto sits first in the Eastern Conference standings with 13 points.
Atlanta (2-1-0) is third in the Eastern Conference, having earned back-to-back victories over the Utah Warriors (28-19) and NOLA Gold (22-10) to open its inaugural season before narrowly falling to Rugby United New York (22-19) last weekend.
“Atlanta has been a strong addition to the league this year, and have the record to the prove it,” added Silverthorn. “They’re very stringy defensively, which puts the onus on us to demonstrate a solid workrate and make the most of our opportunities. We’re going to have to be alert and hungry if we’re going to come away with a win.”
- Milazzo and Ng earn their first starts of the 2020 MLR season
- Brouwer stands to make his season debut off the bench
- Nine squad members are full Canadian internationals: Brouwer (11 caps), Ciulini (8 caps), du Toit (14 caps), Ferguson (10 caps), Keith (16 caps), LeSage (16 caps), Moor (14 caps), Quattrin (5 caps), Rumball (35 caps)
- Three squad members are full Uruguayan internationals: Diana (25 caps), Leivas (76 caps), Meires (70 caps)
- One squad member is a full Argentinian international: de la Vega (12 caps)
2020 Statistical Notes:
- Moor leads the league in tries scored (4), ranks fifth in running metres (241)
- Malcolm leads the league in made goals (17), ranks second in points scored (42), ranks second in goal kicking accuracy among players with 5+ attempts (94.4%)
- de la Vega ranks second in the league in made tackles (48), tied for second in carries (37), tied for second in lineout takes (20)
- Rumball ranks third in the league in made tackles (47)
- Diana ranks fifth in the league in carries (34), tied for sixth in tries scored (2), tied for eighth in tackle breaks (3)
- Toronto leads the league in fewest points conceded (49), ranks second in total points scored (104), ranks fourth in tries scored (11)
Sunday’s match will kick off at 3 p.m. ET.
TSN Direct (TSN.ca) / TSN App
United States of America
Toronto Arrows Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/TorontoArrows/)
The match can also be enjoyed amongst Arrows fans at the club’s Official Watch Party, held at Hemingway’s Restaurant and Bar – Toronto’s home of rugby.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. Rugby ATL
1. Richie Asiata
2. Steven Ng
3. Cole Keith
4. Kolby Francis
5. Paul Ciulini
6. Tomy de la Vega
7. Peter Milazzo
8. Manuel Diana
9. Andrew Ferguson
10. Tayler Adams
11. Leandro Leivas
12. Guiseppe du Toit
13. Ben LeSage
14. Dan Moor (C)
15. Sam Malcolm
16. Andrew Quattrin
17. Rob Brouwer
18. Pat Lynott
19. Tom Van Horne
20. Lucas Rumball
21. Riley Di Nardo
22. Mitch Richardson
23. Gaston Mieres
Vice President & General Manager: Mark Winokur
Director of Rugby:Chris Silverthorn
Coaches: Aaron Carpenter, Cory Hector, Peter Smith
Performance Analyst: Rodin Lozada
Team Physicians: Dr. Anthony Dixon, Dr. Chris Gallimore, Dr. John Gillis
Athletic Therapist: Perry Fan
Physiotherapist: Rohit Rajput
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club:
The Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club is Canada’s first professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
Want to receive further information regarding Toronto Arrows tickets, merchandise, and latest news? To subscribe to the Arrows club newsletter, sign up below.
Header Photo Credit: Quinn Width
Press Release via The Rugby Shop The Rugby Shop team is thrilled
27 August 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are
4 August 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are
23 July 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are
10 July 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are
- Hello world! on