Toronto Arrows Announce Lineup for First Clash with LA
For Immediate Release
METAIRIE, LA – Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris Silverthorn has named his starting lineup for tomorrow’s clash with Los Angeles in New Orleans.
Sixteen Canadians have been included in Toronto’s 23-man lineup, including Week 3 MLR Team of the Week honourees Cole Keith and Ben LeSage.
Fifteen full internationals have been named to the Arrows’ matchday squad, carrying a combined cap total of 337 matches.
- One player will make his first MLR start: Montero
- Diana is ranked 1st in MLR in carries (38), 9th in carry metres (234)
- Rumball is ranked 1st in MLR in breakdown steals (8), 2nd in defensive ruck arrivals (28), 7th in successful tackles (38)
- LeSage is ranked 3rd in MLR in offloads (6), 5th in linebreaks (4)
- Adams is ranked 4th in MLR in points scored (24), 4th in kicking metres (676)
- de le Vega is ranked 4th in MLR in successful tackles (44), 7th in defensive ruck arrivals (19)
- Tuculet is ranked 4th in MLR in offloads (5)
- Wadden is ranked 4th in MLR in attacking ruck arrivals (63)
- Nine squad members are full Canadian internationals: Ciulini (8 caps), du Toit (14 caps), Keith (16 caps), Kelly (1 cap), LeSage (16 caps), Parfrey (32 caps), Quattrin (5 caps), Rumball (35 caps), Sheppard (11 caps)
- Four squad members are full Argentinian internationals: Cortes (5 caps), de la Vega (12 caps), Montero (27 caps), Tuculet (56 caps)
- Two squad members are full Uruguayan internationals: Diana (27 caps), Mieres (72 caps)
Tomorrow’s match marks the first league meeting between Toronto and LA. Los Angeles (2-0; 10 points) opened their inaugural MLR season with back-to-back home wins over New England and Seattle before enjoying a bye week, while the Arrows (1-2; 6 points) are coming off a bonus-point victory over DC after dropping their first two contests to Atlanta and Utah.
Saturday’s game will kick off at 1:30 p.m. ET. The cross-conference tilt will air on TSN2 (starting 2PM ET; joining in progress) and stream on TSN.ca and the TSN App (starting at 1:30 ET; broadcasting in full from kickoff) for Canadian audiences, and will be available on The Rugby Network for American and international audiences. Full broadcast details can be found here.
The match will be hosted by NOLA Gold, and will serve as the initial game of a two-match double-header at the Gold Mine on Airline.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. Los Angeles
- Cole Keith
- Andrew Quattrin
- Gaston Cortes
- Adrian Wadden
- Paul Ciulini
- Tomas de la Vega
- Lucas Rumball (C)
- Manuel Diana
- Ross Braude
- Tayler Adams
- Gaston Mieres
- Guiseppe du Toit
- Ben LeSage (C)
- Manuel Montero
- Joaquin Tuculet
- Pat Lynott
- Jack McRogers
- Tyler Rowland
- Mike Sheppard
- Kolby Francis
- Jason Higgins
- Will Kelly
- Pat Parfrey
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club:
The Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club is Canada’s first professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American professional club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
Header Photo Credit: Davey Wilson
Broadcast Details: Toronto Arrows vs. Utah Warriors (March 25, 2023)
Details for how to watch our upcoming away match against the Utah
Sheppard In Line For 50th Cap as Arrows Travel to DC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE LEESBURG, VA – Toronto Arrows Head Coach Peter Smith
2023 MLR Championship Match to Take Place at Chicago’s SeatGeek Stadium
DALLAS (March 16, 2023) – Major League Rugby (MLR) announced today that the league
Week 4 Milestone Tracker: Malcolm Sets Points Record
The following club career milestones were achieved by our players during the