Toronto Arrows Announce Lineup for Colorado Clash
5 March 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GLENDALE, CO – Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris Silverthorn has named his starting lineup for Friday’s match against the Colorado Raptors.
Silverthorn has made four changes to his starting squad that featured in the club’s road victory over Atlanta last Sunday, with flanker Lucas Rumball and hooker Andrew Quattrin both returning to the starting 15. Prop Rob Brouwer also enters the starting lineup to make his first start of the season, and outside back Gastón Mieres has been drafted into the wing in place of club captain Dan Moor, who is set to miss out after picking up a lower-body injury against Rugby ATL.
Club vice-captain Rumball will assume matchday captaincy duties.
“It’s a quick turnaround for us, having played last Sunday in Atlanta, but we’re motivated to finish this mini-road trip on a high note,” said Silverthorn. “With our bye week coming up, we’re ready to empty the tank and put in a full shift this Friday.”
The Arrows (4-0-0) enter the match coming off a bonus-point 28-18 victory over expansion side Rugby ATL last Sunday. Riding a four-game winning streak, Toronto sits first in the Eastern Conference standings with 18 points.
Colorado (1-3-0) is fifth in the Western Conference with five points. After three consecutive losses to kick off their 2020 season, the Raptors rebounded to collect their first win against Utah last weekend, dispatching the Warriors 22-14.
“Colorado has a very strong track record at home, having only lost at Infinity Park a handful of times over the past three years, so we know it’ll be a tough matchup,” added Silverthorn.
- Brouwer earns his first start of the 2020 MLR season
- Nine squad members are full Canadian internationals: Brouwer (11 caps), Ciulini (8 caps), du Toit (14 caps), Ferguson (10 caps), Keith (16 caps), Kelly (1 cap), LeSage (16 caps), Quattrin (5 caps), Rumball (35 caps)
- Three squad members are full Uruguayan internationals: Diana (25 caps), Leivas (76 caps), Meires (70 caps)
- One squad member is a full Argentinian international: de la Vega (12 caps)
2020 Statistical Notes:
- Malcolm leads the league in made goals (19), ranks second in points scored (46), ranks fifth in goal kicking accuracy among players with 5+ attempts (90.5%)
- de la Vega is tied for the league lead in carries (49), ranks second in made tackles (58), tied for third in lineout takes (24), tied for sixth in offloads (5)
- Diana is tied for the league lead in carries (49), tied for ninth in tries scored (2)
- Rumball ranks ninth in the league in made tackles (51), tied for third in breakdown steals (3)
- Toronto leads the league in fewest points conceded (67), second in total points scored (132), fourth in tries scored (15)
Friday’s match will kick off at 8 p.m. ET.
TSN Direct (TSN.ca) / TSN App
United States of America
Eleven Sports, FTF
Toronto Arrows Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/TorontoArrows/)
The match can also be enjoyed amongst Arrows fans at the club’s Official Watch Party, held at Hemingway’s Restaurant and Bar – Toronto’s home of rugby.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. Colorado Raptors
1. Rob Brouwer
2. Andrew Quattrin
3. Richie Asiata
4. Kolby Francis
5. Paul Ciulini
6. Tomy de la Vega
7. Lucas Rumball (C)
8. Manuel Diana
9. Andrew Ferguson
10. Tayler Adams
11. Leandro Leivas
12. Guiseppe du Toit
13. Ben LeSage
14. Gastón Mieres
15. Sam Malcolm
16. Steven Ng
17. Pat Lynott
18. Cole Keith
19. Josh Van Horne
20. Peter Milazzo
21. Riley Di Nardo
22. Mitch Richardson
23. Will Kelly
Vice President & General Manager: Mark Winokur
Director of Rugby:Chris Silverthorn
Coaches: David Butcher, Aaron Carpenter, Cory Hector, Peter Smith
Performance Analyst: Rodin Lozada
Team Physicians: Dr. Anthony Dixon, Dr. Chris Gallimore, Dr. John Gillis
Athletic Therapist: Perry Fan
Physiotherapist: Rohit Rajput
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club:
The Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club is Canada’s first professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
Want to receive further information regarding Toronto Arrows tickets, merchandise, and latest news? To subscribe to the Arrows club newsletter, sign up below.
Header Photo Credit: Quinn Width
Press Release via The Rugby Shop The Rugby Shop team is thrilled
27 August 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are
4 August 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are
23 July 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are
10 July 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are
- Hello world! on