Toronto Arrows Announce Lineup for Austin Makeup Match
9 May 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TORONTO, ON – Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris Silverthorn has named his starting lineup for Thursday’s rescheduled home match against Austin Elite Rugby.
The two sides were originally scheduled to meet on April 14, but weather-related flight cancellations out of Texas resulted in a postponed fixture.
Coming off three days’ rest, Silverthorn has made nine changes to his starting squad that featured in the club’s victory over the San Diego Legion last Sunday. Debutant No. 8 Luke Campbell, prop Cole Keith, hooker Steve Ng, and lock Josh Van Horne have drawn into the forwards, while scrum-half Andrew Ferguson, wings Leandro Leivas and Kainoa Lloyd, inside-centre Mitch Richardson, and full-back Shawn Windsor have been named to the backs.
“With three games in eight days, we know that we’ll need performances from up and down our entire squad if we’re going to stay in the hunt for a playoff position,” said Silverthorn. “Our depth is a big strength for us, and we have players hungry to step in and make a difference on the pitch. Everyone is looking to contribute as we continue our homestand.”
The Arrows (7-5-0) enter the match on a three-game winning streak, and are coming off a 23-19 win over San Diego on May 5. Toronto sits sixth in the league standings with 38 points.
Eleven full internationals have been named to Toronto’s matchday squad, carrying a combined cap total of 200 matches.
Austin (0-12-0) hold the ninth spot in the league table with four points.
- Moor and Oitomen are ranked fifth in the league in tries scored (6)
- Brouwer is ranked seventh in the league in dominant tackles (14)
- Moor is ranked 11th in the league in linebreaks (8)
- Sheppard is ranked 10th in the league in made tackles (144)
- Moor is ranked 12th in the league in running metres (834)
- Milazzo leads the league in lineout takes (50) and is ranked second in lineout steals (5)
- Toronto is ranked third in the league in total tries scored (46) and fourth in total points scored (358)
- Ten squad members are full Canadian internationals: Brouwer (9 caps), Campbell (9 caps), Ciulini (8 caps), Ferguson (10 caps), Keith (12 caps), Lloyd (10 caps), Moonlight (23 caps), Moor (14 caps), Parfrey (27 caps), Sheppard (5 caps)
- One squad member is a full Uruguayan international: Leivas (73 caps)
- Fourteen players selected to the starting 15 are Canadian; exception is Leivas (Uruguay)
Thursday’s match kicks off at 7 p.m. EDT from York Alumni Stadium in Toronto. Tickets are available for purchase online and at the gate.
The game can also be watched live on Game+ and streamed live through the Arrows’ Facebook page.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. Austin Elite Rugby
1. Rob Brouwer // Lindsay
2. Steven Ng // Barrhaven Scottish
3. Cole Keith // Belleisle Rovers
4. Josh Van Horne // Brantford Harlequins
5. Paul Ciulini // Aurora Barbarians
6. Marcello Wainwright // Toronto Scottish
7. John Moonlight // Ajax Wanderers
8. Luke Campbell // James Bay
9. Andrew Ferguson // Oakville Crusaders
10. Pat Parfrey // Swilers
11. Leandro Leivas // Old Christians (Uruguay)
12. Mitch Richardson // Stoney Creek Camels
13. Dan Moor (C) // Balmy Beach
14. Kainoa Lloyd // Mississauga Blues
15. Shawn Windsor // Stoney Creek Camels
16. Jack McRogers // Aurora Barbarians
17. Pat Lynott // Bytown Blues
18. Morgan Mitchell // Southland Stags (New Zealand)
19. Mike Sheppard // Stoney Creek Camels
20. Peter Milazzo // Toronto Scottish
21. Riley Di Nardo // Toronto Scottish
22. Spencer Jones // Hamilton Old Boys (New Zealand)
23. Avery Oitomen // Oakville Crusaders
Vice President & General Manager: Mark Winokur
Director of Rugby: Chris Silverthorn
Coaches: Aaron Carpenter, Cory Hector, Peter Smith
Performance Analyst: Rodin Lozada
Team Physicians: Dr. Anthony Dixon, Dr. Chris Gallimore, Dr. John Gillis
Athletic Therapist: Perry Fan
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Club:
The Toronto Arrows Rugby Club is Canada’s first professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
Want to receive further information regarding Toronto Arrows tickets, merchandise, and latest news? To subscribe to the Arrows club newsletter, sign up below.
Header Photo: José Romelo Lagman
With files from Major League Rugby DALLAS (September 22, 2020) --- In
With many members of the Arrows gradually returning to training over the
Press Release via The Rugby Shop The Rugby Shop team is thrilled
27 August 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are
4 August 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are