Toronto Arrows Announce Lineup for Austin Clash
13 April 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TORONTO, ON – Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris Silverthorn has named his starting lineup for Sunday’s home match against Austin Elite Rugby.
Silverthorn has made five changes to his starting squad that featured in last Sunday’s sold-out home opener against the NOLA Gold. Scrum-half Jamie Mackenzie, wing Leandro Leivas and fullback Theo Sauder have all earned their first starts of the season, while prop Cole Keith and No. 8 Marcello Wainwright have drawn back into the starting lineup.
Toronto’s squad features several Ontario-developed players: 17 of the 23 players named to the club’s matchday lineup started their rugby careers at Ontario clubs, with 11 different Ontario clubs represented. Three additional Canadian clubs are represented in the lineup, with two from British Columbia and one from New Brunswick.
“The tempo in training has been fantastic this week,” said Silverthorn. “We received incredible support at our home opener last Sunday, and it’s given our guys an extra boost throughout the week. Everyone at the club is really motivated to give our fans that first win on home soil, and that’s our goal for this Sunday.”
The Arrows (4-5-0) enter the match coming off a narrow 35-31 bonus-point defeat to New Orleans on Apr. 7. Toronto sits sixth in the league standings with 24 points.
Thirteen full internationals have been named to Toronto’s matchday squad, carrying a combined cap total of 237 matches.
Austin (0-10-0) are winless heading into Sunday’s match, and occupy the ninth spot in the league table with four points.
“Last Sunday’s match provided a milestone day for the club, and while it’s a day we won’t forget, we’re fully focused on what lies ahead,” added Silverthorn. “We’re looking to put our best foot forward and deliver a win for our amazing fans.”
- Oitomen is ranked third in the lead in tries scored (6)
- Malcolm is ranked third in the league in points scored (94) and fifth in the league in goal kicking accuracy (80%)
- Ciulini is ranked sixth in the league in made tackles (118)
- Brouwer is ranked sixth in the league in dominant tackles (13)
- Milazzo leads the league in lineout steals (5) and lineout takes (38)
- Moor is ranked eighth in the league in linebreaks (6)
- Toronto is ranked third in the league in total points scored (271) and third in the league in total tries scored (34)
- Twelve squad members are full Canadian internationals: Brouwer (9 caps), Ciulini (8 caps), Dolezel (16 caps), du Toit (13 caps), Keith (12 caps), Lloyd (10 caps), Mackenzie (17 caps), Moonlight (23 caps), Moor (14 caps), Rumball (29 caps), Sauder (8 caps), Sheppard (5 caps)
- One squad member is a full Uruguayan international: Leivas (73 caps)
- Thirteen players selected to the starting 15 are Canadian; exceptions are Leivas (Uruguay) and Malcolm (New Zealand)
Sunday’s match kicks off at 2 p.m. EDT from York Alumni Stadium in Toronto. Tickets are available for purchase online and at the gate. With rain in the forecast, the club will provide complimentary rain ponchos for the first 1,500 attendees through the gates.
The game can also be watched live on GameTV and streamed live through the Arrows’ Facebook page.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. Austin Elite Rugby
1. Rob Brouwer // Lindsay
2. Andrew Quattrin // Aurora Barbarians
3. Cole Keith // Belleisle Rovers
4. Mike Sheppard // Stoney Creek Camels
5. Paul Ciulini // Aurora Barbarians
6. Lucas Rumball (C) // Balmy Beach
7. Peter Milazzo // Toronto Scottish
8. Marcello Wainwright // Toronto Scottish
9. Jamie Mackenzie // Balmy Beach
10. Sam Malcolm // Manawatu Turbos (New Zealand)
11. Leandro Leivas // Old Christians (Uruguay)
12. Guiseppe du Toit // UVic Vikes
13. Dan Moor (C) // Balmy Beach
14. Avery Oitomen // Oakville Crusaders
15. Theo Sauder // UBC Thunderbirds
16. Steven Ng // Barrhaven Scottish
17. Tom Dolezel // London St. George’s
18. Morgan Mitchell // Southland Stags (New Zealand)
19. Kolby Francis // Brantford Harlequins
20. John Moonlight // Ajax Wanderers
21. Riley Di Nardo // Toronto Scottish
22. Kainoa Lloyd // Mississauga Blues
23. Shawn Windsor // Stoney Creek Camels
Vice President & General Manager: Mark Winokur
Director of Rugby: Chris Silverthorn
Coaches: Aaron Carpenter, Cory Hector, Peter Smith
Performance Analyst: Rodin Lozada
Team Physicians: Dr. Anthony Dixon, Dr. Chris Gallimore, Dr. John Gillis
Athletic Therapist: Perry Fan
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Club:
The Toronto Arrows Rugby Club is Canada’s first professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
Want to receive further information regarding Toronto Arrows tickets, merchandise, and latest news? To subscribe to the Arrows club newsletter, sign up below.
Header Photo: David Chant
Press Release via The Rugby Shop The Rugby Shop team is thrilled
27 August 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are
4 August 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are
23 July 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are
10 July 2020FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are
- Hello world! on