Five Arrows to Start for Canada Against Spain in Ottawa
With files from Rugby Canada
Five Arrows have been chosen to start for Canada against Spain in Ottawa this Sunday.
Scrum-half Ross Braude, prop Cole Keith, hooker Andrew Quattrin, flanker Lucas Rumball, and winger Brock Webster will all begin the match against Los Leones.
Prop Tyler Rowland has been ruled out due to injury.
Rumball will once again serve as the Canucks’ captain in what will be the Scarborough native’s 45th international cap.
Via Rugby Canada
July 8, 2022 (Ottawa, ON) – As rugby returns to the nation’s capital and preparations continue for Canada’s Senior Men’s 15s clash with Spain, Head Coach Kingsley Jones has confirmed his match day roster for this weekend’s test match, presented by DHL.
In what will be the first international test match to be hosted at TD Place in Ottawa, ON, Canada takes on No. 15-ranked Spain on Sunday at 4:00 p.m. Eastern, 1:00 p.m. Pacific.
Following last weekend’s resounding 45-0 victory over Belgium at the Wanderers Grounds in Halifax, NS, Jones has made several changes to his lineup. In for the first start of his career is crossover athlete with Canada’s Senior Men’s Sevens program, Matthew Oworu, also of Rugby Canada’s Academy Pacific Pride, who came on as a second-half replacement against Belgium to earn his first cap.
Meanwhile, prop Cole Keith comes into the pack, as does Luke Campbell at No. 8 with Corey Thomas moving into the second row. Ross Braude starts at scrum half, while Conor Keys will take to the field just a few miles from his hometown, Stittsville, ON. Lucas Rumball will captain the side. Tyler Rowland and Josh Larsen are unavailable for selection due to injury.
“This weekend’s match against Spain marks the culmination of our two-week camp and we expect it to be a very competitive, hard-fought contest,” said Jones. “They are ranked No. 15 in the world and our aim is to get back in the top 20, so this is an opportunity for us to test ourselves against an extremely competent opponent.”
He added: “We’ve prepared well this week and with the support of the home Ottawa crowd behind us, we’re going into the game with confidence that we can perform and get the result we’re after, which would secure us crucial world ranking points.”
WHERE TO WATCH
Fans in Canada can watch Canada’s Senior Men’s 15s team take on Spain LIVE on TSN 1, TSN.ca and the TSN App.
CANADA’S SENIOR MEN’S 15s MATCH DAY ROSTER vs SPAIN
- Cole Keith (Apohaqui, NB) – Belleisle Rovers / Toronto Arrows
- Andrew Quattrin (Holland Landing, ON) – Aurora Barbarians / Toronto Arrows
- Jake Ilnicki (Williams Lake, BC) – Old Glory DC
- Corey Thomas (Broome, Australia) – LA Giltinis
- Conor Keys (Stittsville, ON) – Barrhaven Scottish
- Matthew Oworu (Calgary, AB) – Pacific Pride
- Lucas Rumball (Scarborough, ON) – Toronto Arrows
- Luke Campbell (Victoria, BC) – Old Glory DC
- Ross Braude (Pretoria, South Africa) – Toronto Arrows
- Peter Nelson (Dungannon, UK) – Aurillac
- Kainoa Lloyd (Mississauga, ON) – San Diego Legion
- Quinn Ngawati (Victoria, BC) – Rugby United New York
- Ben LeSage (Calgary, AB) – LA Giltinis
- Brock Webster (Uxbridge, ON) – Oshawa Vikings / Toronto Arrows
- Cooper Coats (Halifax, NS) – Halifax Tars
- Lindsey Stevens (Sydney, Australia) – LA Giltinis
- Liam Murray (Langley, BC) – Dallas Jackals
- Djustice Sears-Duru (Oakville, ON) – LA Giltinis
- Piers von Dadelszen (Vancouver, BC) – Oxford University
- Michael Smith (White Rock, BC) – San Diego Legion
- Jason Higgins (Cork, Ireland) – San Diego Legion
- Dawson Fatoric (Ottawa, ON) – Pacific Pride
- Gradyn Bowd (Red Deer, AB) – Castaway Wanderers
Arrows Look to End Road Stretch On a High in Dallas
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ARLINGTON, TX – Toronto Arrows Head Coach Peter Smith
Torrance-Read to Miss Remainder of 2023 Season with Torn ACL
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON – The Toronto Arrows confirmed today that
Week 6 Milestone Tracker: Shep Becomes Appearances Leader, Hits 500 Tackles
The following club career milestones were achieved by our players during the
Toronto Arrows Sign Canadian Sevens-Experienced Backs Bowen, Fatoric
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON – The Toronto Arrows are pleased to
Broadcast Details: Toronto Arrows vs. Dallas Jackals (April 1, 2023)
Details for how to watch our upcoming away match against the Dallas