Arrows Look to End Road Stretch On a High in Dallas
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ARLINGTON, TX – Toronto Arrows Head Coach Peter Smith has named his starting lineup for Saturday’s away match against the Dallas Jackals.
The forwards will see the recently-activated High Performance Academy lock Hank Stevenson make his first start for the club, while captain Lucas Rumball shifts back to his usual flanker role as Mitch Eadie returns to No. 8.
It’s minimal week-over-week changes amongst the backs as well, as the now-fit Noel Reid slots in at inside centre.
The bench features a pair of recent signees from Rugby Canada’s national men’s sevens program, with D’Shawn Bowen and Dawson Fatoric in contention to make their Arrows debuts if called upon.
This match marks the first occasion that Toronto, holders of a 1-0 all-time record against Dallas, will travel to Choctaw Stadium. It will also conclude the Arrows’ season-opening, six-game road trip, with their April 8th home opener now on the horizon.
The Arrows won their lone encounter with the Jackals in 2022, earning a record-breaking 57-0 home victory — the largest shutout win in MLR history — over the then-expansion side.
Saturday’s game will kick off at 8:05 p.m. ET. The cross-conference tilt will stream on TSN+, TSN.ca, the TSN app, and The Rugby Network for Canadian audiences, and will be available on The Rugby Network for American and international audiences. Additional broadcast details.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. Dallas Jackals:
- Lolani Faleiva
- Ramon Ayarza [wearing #5]
- Tyler Rowland
- Hank Stevenson
- Mike Sheppard (VC) [wearing #2]
- Lucas Rumball (C)
- James O’Neill
- Mitch Eadie
- Ross Braude
- Sam Malcolm (VC)
- Avery Oitomen
- Noel Reid
- Fabian Goodall [wearing no number]
- Kobe Faust
- Brenden Black
- Gene Syminton
- Nik Hildebrand
- Isaac Salmon
- Owain Ruttan
- Jack McRogers
- Cole Brown
- Dawson Fatoric
- D’Shawn Bowen
Injury / Recovery List: Nic Benn, Ciaran Breen, Cole Davis, Mason Flesch, Will Grant, Travis Larsen, Conan O’Donnell, Shane O’Leary, Mitch Richardson, Tautalatasi Tasi, Corey Thomas, Adrian Wadden
Long-Term Injured Reserve: Micaiah Torrance-Read
- Hank Stevenson is set to make his first start for the club
- D’Shawn Bowen and Dawson Fatoric stand to make their Arrows debuts off the bench
- Seven squad members are full Canadian internationals: Ross Braude (12 caps), Dawson Fatoric (2 caps), Jack McRogers (1 cap), Tyler Rowland (9 caps), Lucas Rumball (47 caps), Owain Ruttan (1 cap), Mike Sheppard (11 caps)
- Ramon Ayarza (12 caps) is a full Chilean international
- Noel Reid (1 cap) is a full Irish international
WEEK 7 MILESTONE WATCH:
- 45 – Lucas Rumball is set to earn his 45th cap, becoming the 5th Arrow to reach this career milestone
- 35 – Jack McRogers is in contention to earn his 35th cap, becoming the 8th Arrow to reach this career milestone
- 20 – Isaac Salmon is in contention to earn his 20th cap, becoming the 27th Arrow to reach this career milestone
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club:
Established in 2018, the Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club is Canada’s first and only professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American professional club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
Header Photo Credit: Davey Wilson
Week 16 Milestone Tracker: McRogers Moves Up Club Try-Scoring Leaderboard
The following club milestones were achieved by our players during the team’s
Broadcast Details: Toronto Arrows vs. San Diego Legion (June 11, 2023)
Details for how to watch our upcoming home match against the San
Ruttan Scores Twice as Arrows Stymied by Houston
The Arrows found their groove in the second half of Saturday evening's
Matchday Info | Houston SaberCats – June 3, 2023
We're excited to host the Houston SaberCats tomorrow at 7 p.m. Here's
Arrows Announce Lineup for Final Homestand Opener Against SaberCats
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON – Toronto Arrows Head Coach Peter Smith