Di Nardo, Voralek Earn First Professional Starts in DC Clash
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TORONTO, ON – Toronto Arrows Head Coach Peter Smith has named his starting lineup for Saturday’s home match against Old Glory DC.
Kyle Baillie, Jack McRogers, Tyler Rowland, and Mitch Voralek – all substitutes in last week’s homecoming match – draw into Saturday’s starting lineup, while Mitch Richardson shifts to outside centre to cover for the injured Ueta Tufuga.
Spencer Jones has been activated off the injured reserve and will look to make an impact off the bench.
Fourteen players are currently listed on the injured reserve and are unavailable for selection.
- Di Nardo will make his season debut as a starter
- McRorie is in contention to make his club debut off the bench
- Di Nardo, McRogers, Rowland, and Voralek will make their first starts of the season
- Twelve squad members are full Canadian internationals: Baillie (34 caps), Ciulini (8 caps), du Toit (14 caps), Jones (6 caps), Keith (24 caps), Kelly (1 cap), McRorie (45 caps), Nott (2 caps), Quattrin (13 caps), Rowland (6 caps), Rumball (43 caps), Sheppard (11 caps)
- Fourteen players are on the injured reserve and are unavailable for selection: Bell, Braude, Brown, de la Vega, Faust, A. Ferguson, B. Ferguson, Flesch, Hood, Mieres, Robinson-Bartlett, Tufuga, Wadden, Wainwright
The Arrows (4-4; 20 points) are undefeated against Old Glory (0-8; 3 points) in MLR play, with Toronto holding a 3-0 all-time record against DC. The Canadian side won 29-5 in Week 4 of this year, and earned two victories in the 2021 season. The Arrows also claimed a 47-17 win over Old Glory in 2022 preseason play.
Saturday’s game will kick off at 12 p.m. ET at York Lions Stadium, with tickets starting at $15.
The Eastern Conference tilt will feature on TSN2 and stream on TSN.ca and the TSN App for Canadian audiences, and will be available on The Rugby Network for international audiences.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. Old Glory DC:
- Cole Keith
- Jack McRogers
- Tyler Rowland
- Mike Sheppard (C)
- Paul Ciulini
- Kyle Baillie
- James O’Neill
- Ronan Foley
- Riley Di Nardo
- Sam Malcolm
- Mitch Voralek
- Guiseppe du Toit
- Mitch Richardson
- John Sheridan
- Conor McCann
- Andrew Quattrin
- Lolani Faleiva
- Isaac Salmon
- Lucas Rumball
- Ollie Nott
- Gord McRorie
- Spencer Jones
- Will Kelly
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club:
Established in 2018, the Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club is Canada’s first and only professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American professional club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
Header Photo Credit: Jose Romelo Lagman
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON – The Toronto Arrows are pleased to
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are pleased to
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON – Today the Toronto Arrows announced food
TORONTO, Jan. 24, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Metro Supply Chain Inc., a
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON – Following the club’s recent 2023 coaching