Baillie, de la Vega, Malcolm Return to Lineup for NOLA Clash
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
METAIRIE, LA – Toronto Arrows Head Coach Peter Smith has named his starting lineup for Saturday’s clash with the NOLA Gold.
The lineup features a welcomed injection of recovered players: Kyle Baillie and Tomas de la Vega have both been activated from the injured reserve and will return to the starting lineup. Sam Malcolm has also been declared fit to play, marking a season debut for the club’s all-time points leader.
Recent signing Brock Webster will look to make an immediate impact when he starts on the wing.
Ten players are currently listed on the injured reserve and are unavailable for selection, including eight backs.
- Webster will make his Arrows debut as a starter
- Malcolm will make his season debut as a starter
- de la Vega will start at No. 8 for the first time with the Arrows; the Argentine has started at flanker in his first 20 matches for the club
- Twelve squad members are full Canadian internationals: Baillie (34 caps), Braude (8 caps), Ciulini (8 caps), Flesch (2 caps), Jones (6 caps), Keith (24 caps), Kelly (1 cap), Quattrin (13 caps), Rowland (6 caps), Rumball (43 caps), Sheppard (11 caps), Webster (5 caps)
- Two additional squad members are full internationals: de la Vega (12 caps; Argentina), Mieres (78 caps; Uruguay)
- Ten players are on the injured reserve and are unavailable for selection: Brown, du Toit, Faust, A. Ferguson, B. Ferguson, Foley, McCann, O’Neill, Robinson-Bartlett, Sheridan
The Arrows have yet to defeat the Gold in MLR play, with Toronto holding an 0-4 all-time record against the Louisiana outfit since joining the league in 2019. All four contests have been decided by tight margins; each match has featured a score difference of eight points or fewer.
Saturday’s game will kick off at 4 p.m. ET. The Eastern Conference tilt will stream on TSN.ca and the TSN App for Canadian audiences, and will be available on The Rugby Network for international audiences.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. NOLA Gold:
- Cole Keith
- Andrew Quattrin
- Isaac Salmon
- Mike Sheppard (C)
- Paul Ciulini
- Kyle Baillie
- Lucas Rumball
- Tomas de la Vega
- Ross Braude
- Sam Malcolm
- Brock Webster
- Spencer Jones
- Mitch Richardson
- Matt Hood
- Gaston Mieres
- Jack McRogers
- Lolani Faleiva
- Tyler Rowland
- Adrian Wadden
- Mason Flesch
- Chris Bell
- Will Kelly
- Ueta Tufuga
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club:
Established in 2018, the Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club is Canada’s first and only professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American professional club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
Week 6 Milestone Tracker: Shep Becomes Appearances Leader, Hits 500 Tackles
The following club career milestones were achieved by our players during the
Toronto Arrows Sign Canadian Sevens-Experienced Backs Bowen, Fatoric
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON – The Toronto Arrows are pleased to
Broadcast Details: Toronto Arrows vs. Dallas Jackals (April 1, 2023)
Details for how to watch our upcoming away match against the Dallas
Arrows Succumb to Late Second-Half Surge in Utah
An injury-ravaged Arrows side hung in with their hosts for the better
Academy Grads Black, Stevenson Poised for Debuts as Arrows Head to Utah
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE HERRIMAN, UT – Toronto Arrows Head Coach Peter Smith