Toronto Arrows Announce Lineup for 2021 Finale
For Immediate Release
MARIETTA, GA – Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris Silverthorn has named his starting lineup for tomorrow’s ‘home’ clash with the New England Free Jacks at Life University.
Sixteen Canadians have been included in Toronto’s 23-man lineup for the team’s final match of 2021, with nine featuring in the starting 15. Recent signing Alex Russell stands to make his Major League Rugby debut off the bench.
Ten full internationals have been named to the Arrows’ matchday squad, carrying a combined cap total of 156 matches.
- de la Vega is ranked 1st in MLR in tackles (171), 3rd in defensive ruck arrivals (109), 3rd in breakdown steals (9), 5th in lineout takes (59), 5th in carries (134), 10th in attacking ruck arrivals (214)
- Ciulini is ranked 8th in MLR in lineout steals (6)
- Montero is ranked 9th in MLR in tries scored (7)
- Tuculet is ranked 9th in MLR in offloads (13)
- Six squad members are full Canadian internationals: Brouwer (11 caps), Ciulini (8 caps), du Toit (14 caps), Ferguson (10 caps), Nott (2 caps), Sheppard (11 caps)
- Four squad members are full Argentinian internationals: Cortes (5 caps), de la Vega (12 caps), Montero (27 caps), Tuculet (56 caps)
Tomorrow’s match marks just the second league meeting between Toronto and New England, with the Free Jacks pipping the Arrows earlier this season.
The Free Jacks (8-6; 39 points) are coming off a 22-6 home win over New York to keep their playoff hopes alive, while the Arrows (5-10; 30 points) are hoping to end the season on a winning streak after defeating Old Glory 34-28 last Sunday.
Sunday’s game will kick off at 12 p.m. ET. The Eastern Conference tilt will air on TSN3 / stream on TSN.ca and the TSN App for Canadian audiences, and will be available on The Rugby Network for international audiences. Full broadcast details can be found here.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. New England Free Jacks
- Rob Brouwer
- Jack McRogers
- Gaston Cortes
- Mike Sheppard
- Paul Ciulini
- Ollie Nott
- Tomas de la Vega
- Ronan Foley
- Andrew Ferguson
- Sam Malcolm
- Manuel Montero
- Guiseppe du Toit (C)
- Mitch Richardson
- John Sheridan
- Joaquin Tuculet
- Joe Tomlinson
- Pat Lynott
- Marc-Antoine Ouellet
- Adrian Wadden
- Mason Flesch
- Jason Higgins
- Kobe Faust
- Alex Russell
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club:
The Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club is Canada’s first professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American professional club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
Header Photo Credit: Justin Walker
The Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club would like to thank Prime Minister
The Toronto Arrows produced another valiant display in their final game of
The Toronto Arrows' comeback bid against New England came up short
For Immediate Release MARIETTA, GA - Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris
With files from Rugby Canada Five Arrows have been selected to start for