Toronto Arrows Announce Lineup for Clash with San Diego
For Immediate Release
MARIETTA, GA – Toronto Arrows Director of Rugby Chris Silverthorn has named his starting lineup for tomorrow’s ‘home’ clash with the San Diego Legion at Life University.
Seventeen Canadians have been included in Toronto’s 23-man lineup, with 10 featuring in the starting 15. Back row Siaki Vikilani is in contention to make his debut for the club off the bench.
Thirteen full internationals have been named to the Arrows’ matchday squad, carrying a combined cap total of 360 matches.
- Diana is ranked 1st in MLR in carries (145), 4th in tackle breaks (37), 7th in carry metres (746), 7th in offloads (10)
- Rumball is ranked 1st in MLR in breakdown steals, 1st in defensive ruck arrivals (100), 4th in attacking ruck arrivals (196), 5th in tackles (124), 5th in carries (100)
- LeSage is ranked 2nd in MLR in offloads (13), 7th in linebreaks (11)
- Adams is ranked 3rd in MLR in points scored (77), 7th in kicks (57)
- Mieres is ranked 4th in MLR in offloads (12)
- Eight squad members are full Canadian internationals: Ciulini (8 caps), Keith (16 caps), Kelly (1 cap), LeSage (16 caps), Parfrey (32 caps), Quattrin (5 caps), Rumball (35 caps), Sheppard (11 caps)
- Three squad members are full Uruguayan internationals: Diana (27 caps), Leivas (76 caps), Mieres (72 caps)
- Two squad members are full Argentinian internationals: Cortes (5 caps), Tuculet (56 caps)
Tomorrow’s match marks the third league meeting between Toronto and San Diego. The Arrows were victorious in both 2019 fixtures, defeating the Legion 27-20 at Torero Stadium and 23-19 at Lamport Stadium; the two sides did not get a chance to meet in the shortened 2020 season.
The Legion (4-6; 24 points) are coming off a 39-11 home win over Houston, while the Arrows (4-6; 23 points) are looking to bounce back after a narrow 14-12 away defeat at New England.
Sunday’s game will kick off at 12 p.m. ET. The cross-conference tilt will stream on TSN.ca and the TSN App for Canadian audiences, and will be available on The Rugby Network for American and international audiences. Full broadcast details can be found here.
Toronto Arrows Lineup vs. San Diego Legion
- Cole Keith
- Andrew Quattrin
- Tyler Rowland
- Mike Sheppard
- Paul Ciulini
- Mason Flesch
- Lucas Rumball (C)
- Manuel Diana
- Jason Higgins
- Tayler Adams
- Leandro Leivas
- Spencer Jones
- Ben LeSage (C)
- Gaston Mieres
- Joaquin Tuculet
- Jack McRogers
- Pat Lynott
- Gaston Cortes
- Siaki Vikilani
- Adrian Wadden
- Ross Braude
- Will Kelly
- Pat Parfrey
About Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club:
The Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club is Canada’s first professional rugby union team.
Competing in Major League Rugby, the team is equipped to compete against top-tier North American professional club teams, providing emerging Canadian talent with enhanced and more frequent opportunities to hone their skills at an elite level.
For more information, visit https://torontoarrows.com/
For more information, please contact:
Header Photo Credit: Jose Romelo Lagman
Canadian Audiences | TSN.ca, TSN App Streaming: TSN.ca, TSN App How to
For Immediate Release TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows are pleased to
The Toronto Arrows suffered a setback against the Austin Gilgronis on Saturday
With files from Rugby Canada Nine Arrows have been named to Rugby Canada’s
The Toronto Arrows fell 47-21 to the Austin Gilgronis at Bold Stadium