10 Arrows Named to Canada’s Roster for First Leg with Chile
Ten Arrows have been selected to Canada’s matchday squad to face Chile in Saturday’s Rugby World Cup qualifier in Langford, BC.
Six Arrows will start for Canada: scrum-half Ross Braude, centres Spencer Jones and Ben LeSage, prop Tyler Rowland, flanker Lucas Rumball, and No. 8 Siaki Vikilani.
Scrum-half Jason Higgins, front rowers Cole Keith and Andrew Quattrin, and utility back Pat Parfrey have been named to Canada’s reserves.
One half of the Arrows’ co-Captains Rumball – a tryscorer in Canada’s losing clash with the USA – will reprise his role as the Canucks’ captain for the next step in qualifying for the 2023 Rugby World Cup.
Jones is coming off earning his first cap for Canada in the series against the USA, as well as a Man of the Match performance in the victorious first leg in Newfoundland and Labrador.
CANADA’S MEN’S RUGBY TEAM’S MATCH DAY ROSTER
1. Djustice Sears-Duru – Oakville, ON – Unattached
2. Eric Howard – Ottawa, ON – Nola Gold
3. Tyler Rowland – Mississauga, ON – Toronto Arrows
4. Corey Thomas – Perth, Western AUS – LA Giltinis
5. Kyle Baillie – Summerside, PEI – Nola Gold
6. Lucas Rumball – Scarborough, ON – Toronto Arrows (C)
7. Matt Heaton – Godmanchester, QC – Rugby ATL
8. Siaki Vikilani – Burnaby, BC – Toronto Arrows
9. Ross Braude – Pretoria, SA – Toronto Arrows
10. Peter Nelson – Dungannon, UK – Stade Aurillacois Cantal Auvergne
11. Kainoa Lloyd – Mississauga, ON – James Bay AA
12. Spencer Jones – Cambridge, NZ – Toronto Arrows
13. Ben LeSage – Calgary, AB – Toronto Arrows (VC)
14. Brock Webster – Uxbridge, ON – Canada Rugby 7’s
15. Cooper Coats – Halifax, NS – Canada Rugby 7’s
16. Andrew Quattrin – Holland Landing, ON – Toronto Arrows
17. Cole Keith – Sussex, NB – Toronto Arrows
18. Jake Ilnicki – Williams Lake, BC – Seattle Seawolves
19. Conor Keys – Stittsville, ON – Rugby ATL
20. Michael Smith – White Rock, BC – San Diego Legion
21. Jason Higgins – Cork, Ire – Toronto Arrows
22. Rob Povey – Long Buckly, UK – Houston Sabercats
23. Patrick Parfrey – St. John’s, NL – Toronto Arrows
View this post on Instagram
ABOUT RUGBY CANADA
Rugby Canada is the national governing body of the sport of Rugby Union in Canada. They administer and operate Men’s and Women’s Senior and Junior National programs in both rugby XV’s and 7s, as well as govern the Club and community game for more than 30,000 registered participants from coast to coast in conjunction with ten Provincial Union members.
Rugby Canada is headquartered at the Al Charron National Training Centre in Langford, BC, with staff also working from Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa. Rugby Canada business operations, programs and events are delivered nationwide, including the internationally recognized HSBC Canada Sevens annual tournaments.
For more information or if interested in supporting our teams through sponsorship, please contact: [email protected]
ABOUT RUGBY WORLD CUP 2023
The Rugby World Cup has been held every four years since 1987. A benchmark competition for international rugby, it represents the holy grail for any player. Hosted in France in 2023, there will be 600 players from the 5 major continents, divided into 20 teams, all dreaming of the William Webb Ellis Trophy which is awarded to the winning country.
The 2023 tournament will mark the 10th Rugby World Cup with matches starting on September 8, 2023 and concluding 45 days later with the final on October 28.
Week 16 Milestone Tracker: McRogers Moves Up Club Try-Scoring Leaderboard
The following club milestones were achieved by our players during the team’s
Broadcast Details: Toronto Arrows vs. San Diego Legion (June 11, 2023)
Details for how to watch our upcoming home match against the San
Ruttan Scores Twice as Arrows Stymied by Houston
The Arrows found their groove in the second half of Saturday evening's
Matchday Info | Houston SaberCats – June 3, 2023
We're excited to host the Houston SaberCats tomorrow at 7 p.m. Here's
Arrows Announce Lineup for Final Homestand Opener Against SaberCats
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TORONTO, ON – Toronto Arrows Head Coach Peter Smith